I'm a writer and philosopher based in Vancouver. My book What Love Is And What It Could Be is out now.
My work has recently been featured by:
- The New York Times
- CBC The Current
- Elle Canada
- The Globe and Mail
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Cut (New York Magazine)
- ABC Nightline
- Canada Research Chair in Philosophy at the University of British Columbia
- Principal Investigator on the SSHRC funded project The Nature of Love
- Co-Investigator on the John Templeton Foundation funded project Knowledge Beyond Natural Science
I studied at Trinity College, Cambridge, and have worked at the University of St Andrews, the Australian National University, the University of Michigan, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Aberdeen. For more information about my academic career, see my academic CV.
I am working towards an MFA in Creative Writing at the University of British Columbia.
I won one of the 2016 American Philosophical Association Public Philosophy Op Ed Contest awards.